Last month, Octopus Publishing Group FINALLY released Izy Hossack's amazing new cookbook, THE SAVVY COOK. Izy is a 20-year-old blogger and Instagram sensation, and her hit blog izyhossack.com is the go-to place for delicious sweet and savoury recipes on both sides of the Atlantic. Much of her food is inspired by her Italian-American heritage, but she creates a ton of dishes that are gluten-free and/or vegan.
Izy is a rockstar - she collaborates with many different publications and brands including JamieOliver.com, IKEA, Cuisinart UK, Green & Black's, Romeo Gelato, theKitchn.com, Food52.com, Miss Vogue AND The Times Magazine recently named her as one of the world's most followed foodies. She is one to watch.
GO pick up the cookbook and then visit Izy's incredible blog for more recipes ideas.
THE SAVVY COOK post from Izy's blog:
- over 150 vegetarian recipes (many of which are vegan and/or gluten free or have adaptations to make them vegan/gluten-free)
- Most of the recipes feed 1-2 people so they’re ideal if you’re cooking for yourself or only a couple of people. They can of course also be scaled up for when you need to feed more!
- The recipes are easy, interesting and won’t break the bank
- Very flexible recipes with loads of tips & ingredient swaps to help you adapt the recipe to suit your taste/what you have in the fridge
- The recipe chapters are: Breakfast + Snacks, Lighter Bites, Bigger Meals, Clear the Fridge, Cheeky Treats, DIY
- NO DIET FAD CRAP – there’s no weird superfoods in here, no coconut oil and I don’t go on about ‘detoxing’ or avoiding ‘refined sugar’. This is sensibly-healthy food and to me, that means LOTS of vegetables, whole grains, legumes & fruit but ALSO cakes + cookies – because hello you need to nourish your soul as well as your body.